Friday, March 22, 2013

Book Review - The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

*There will be spoilers in this review*

      I just finished the book yesterday and let me say that it is amazing! I don't think there was a single chapter in this book that didn't hold my interest.
   J.R.R. Tolkien wrote it in such a way that makes me feel like I'm on the adventure with Bilbo and the dwarves!
  
   So, first of all: I loved the Blunt the Knives, Crack the Plates song, it was so much fun to read. It has to be one of my absolute favorite scenes from the book!
   My favorite character would have to be Bilbo. He's so kind and funny! And even though he gets annoyed with the dwarves sometimes, he always tries his best to be polite!
  
   One thing that was hard was remembering all of the dwarves' names. There's so many of them. Let me try to name them all. There's Dori, Ori, Nori, Balin, Dwalin, Fili, Kili, Bombur, Bofur, Bifur and Thorin. I named 11. Not bad.
   My favorite dwarves would have to be Fili and Kili, although it was so, so sad to find out they died!
   I do wish Thorin hadn't become so selfish over the treasure, for it led Bilbo to give the Elves the Arkenstone and that led to a battle sometime later. That is where Thorin was injured and he later died :*(

   My overall opinion of this book is: INCREDIBLE, the whole way through!

   Have you read the book? If so, what do you think of it? Tell me in the comments down below:)

No comments:

Post a Comment